Monday, January 28, 2008

A New Favorite!

Thank you to my friend Joy for sharing this wonderful tip with me!!! These are co-op food baskets! If you buy a lot of fresh produce - YOU NEED TO TRY THIS!!! Basically it is a program designed to get fresh produce from farmers and such and deliver it through a volunteer co-op - allowing people to get weeks worth of groceries for a fraction of the price.

There are 15 locations across the East Valley (this is also available on the West Valley) that you can go to every other Saturday and pick up your two baskets of produce. One is fruits, and the other is vegetables. I went for the first time this past Saturday and was amazed at how much food I got. The other really cool thing is that every time you go, you get a little different variety - depending on what is in season. I had anything from pineapples to pomegranates, and from greens to fresh garlic!

The price you ask?? Only $15.00!! This is for a large laundry basket full of food!! It could have easily been $60-70 worth of food!! If you are interested, check out http://eastaz.bountifulbaskets.org/

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Kristen - I'm so jealous! I wish there were something like that up here! We sure would use it. Of course, it's probably 10 below 0 right now. Not really conducive to growing things. . .

Heather Bell said...

What a deal girl!! Too bad we don't have that here. Glad to see you guys are doing well!

Christy said...

I definately need to look into that!

Drea said...

Great find! I'm going to look into it!

The Bottjer Family said...

Glad that you liked the basket! I'm definitely hooked!

Heather Weir said...

So how does this work really, I looked at the website and It didn't make sense. How can they give that much food away for that cheap. But if it works the way it says it does This is right up my alley as our income is going drop in half once the baby comes. I'll have to get your email or phone number and you can tell me all about this awesome savings!