Friday, June 27, 2008

I am alive!!


Sorry I haven't updated in a while - I have received several emails asking how I am doing - so thank you so much for thinking about me! I am doing really well!! Here is a recap of things that have happened lately! :)

- My friend and old college roommate Shannon and her husband came to visit Father's Day weekend - which also happened to be the same weekend as my baby shower (which was WONDERFUL!!!!) I'll post pictures of the shower when I get them! After the shower we drove up into Phoenix and made a quick stop at the Arizona Science Center. I am an idiot and didn't realize that it closed at 5:00 and we got there about 4:45!!! :( We did get to take a few pictures though!!

Mark and I had a wonderful Father's day. I bought him some camping supplies and he was really excited about it. He keeps wanting to take me but it is just too hot!!! We are supposed to be going today after work, but I think he finally understands how much I love my AC!

We also found out that I might be going into preeclampsia. Don't worry - I don't have high blood pressure or anything, but I do have excessive swelling that (no matter how hard I try) I can't get it to go down...so if that is the case, our baby will be here very soon!! I don't really want to be induced, so hopefully I'll be able to wait it out. We may be able to compromise on going on bed rest until she comes. (I REALLY don't want to do that either!) So we'll see!! I have another appointment on Wednesday. I honestly still feel GREAT!! The swelling can be a little uncomfortable, but I anticipate the next few weeks being a breeze!


On July 1st two of my sisters are flying down for a friends wedding! Kourtney (left picture) and Kira (right picture). I am so excited I don't think I can even find words for it. Kira has to fly back really early on the 4th, but Kourtney will be staying until Sunday! The 4th of July is my favorite holiday and to spend it with family will be great!!!


I hope you all are doing well!! I'll try to keep this more updated - especially with our baby news!! My tummy is still getting bigger and she moves all the time!! We have 4 names that we really like - and hopefully will be able to decide on one after she is born. Stay tuned!! :)

11 comments:

Maria said...

Good! You were about to get one of those emails from me too... I was worried! Sounds like you have had a lot going on lately!

Heather O said...

What are the names you like? That is if you don't mind sharing, I'm just curious. . .

A said...

You have such an amazing attitude, I don't know how you do it! I don't know how you could possibly avoid swelling in heat like this. We've been considering camping also, but I'm with you on the whole AC thing. Good luck, I hope all goes well with you and the baby!

Heather said...

WOW, get off those feet and hang in there. I know that you'll make the right decision with your doctors...and I can't WAIT to see you guys at the blessing this summer/fall! We miss you all SOOOOO much and I'm jealous you were at the Science Meuseum without me. LOL

K Lind said...

I'm glad to know that you are still alive ... I was starting to wonder! ;o)

Heather Bell said...

You are so cute. How are you still smiling being pregnant in the middle of the summer?!! We have seen Shannon a few times down here in random places. Nice people!

Luke and Amy Aplington said...

Keep us posted!!! Love ya!!

The Bottjer Family said...

I'm glad to hear that everything's going well. I've been thinking about you a lot lately. Let me know if you need anything!

Jessica Adams said...

I was induced with my baby and I was scared too! Being induced isn't the hard part...the hard part is getting it out! :)

LauraB said...

Hey, why don't you split the difference on the "days left" and have her on the 15th. That's a REALLY good day to have a birthday!! :)

Farid Rushdi said...

This is Mr. Farid Rushdi. I currently have three "two year olds" screaming, fighting, biting, breaking, destroying and otherwise making me regret not being an unmarried couch potato.

So no, I won't raise your child.

Sincerely,

Dad