Saturday, January 24, 2009

Commentary

I didn't have enough time to post anything with my pictures - but here is a rundown of what happened last Saturday.

Friday night (16th) we went to dinner with some friends for my birthday. It was a lot of fun. Mark didn't let me stay up too late because of my "birthday surprise" - so I went to bed kind of early. He layed out my clothes and said, "We have to be out of the house by 6:00 tomorrow morning. WHAT?!?!? on my birthday? I can't sleep in??

So we wake up on Saturday at 5:20?, got Sasha ready, our babysitter was at our door at 5:55 to pick up Sasha, and we were in the car by 6:00! We drove and drove and drove. I was so confused....then we hit a car accident where traffic was pretty backed up. He gets on the phone, trying to be as indescrete as possible and says, "We are on our way to Deer Valley Airport, we ran into traffic and should be there shortly".

He is taking me to an airport?!?!? What is going on!?

We finally arrive there about around 7:10. He parks right infront of these tiny jumper planes. My mind is going crazy - "is he taking me skydiving?" I know he has always wanted to do that - but I need to work myself up for something like that! But I finally saw some vans with the hot air balloon company on it - boy was I excited! I have always wanted to go on a balloon ride (As a kid I was obsessed with the chipmunks movie where they travel around the world in a hot air balloon). Hee hee.

We were up in the air for a whole HOUR! We traveled in a 5 mile circle, reached heights of 4000 ft., and got up to 9 miles per hour. Afterwards we had a nice breakfast - and it was WONDERFUL!! Thank you Mark!! - you succeeded at keeping it a secret for a whole year! I couldn't have done it! (I usually get so excited that I can't keep secrets from him very well!)

10 comments:

Erin L said...

that. is. awesome! happy birthday.

Unknown said...

I am so jealous! I have ALWAYS wanted to go. Maybe Mark can drop some hints to Jared at work!!

Shayne and Amber Hoskins said...

sooooo cool!!! I'm happy that you had a great birthday:) I love your new header pic, did you do that on picassa??

Heather said...

OH MY GOSH...how EXCITING! What a great surprise! :) And Happy Belated B-day...sorry, I'll admit it, I've been sick and forgot! Luv ya anyway! :)

Aaron and Kira Adams said...

great job on the new look! I do love the puzzle effect!

Lexie & Sharrid said...

I love the birthday gift, priceless. I bought my kids the Chipmunk adventure on DVD. I loved it growing up, classic.

Amber said...

That sounds so great! How creative is that?! BTW- I called because we wanted to play games with someone... your phone went straight to voicemail, so I'm pretty sure we gave up the games idea. We need to play!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! A hot air balloon?!!?!??! So fun!!! PS you are hilarious... I thought the same thing about all my shiny silver cans... good I got 'em... now what do I do?!?! We still need to play settlers!!!! I haven't forgotten!

Christy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Emily P. said...

Wow, 10 points for Mark! No, make that 100! Happy late birthday, oh and I loooove you hair! Jealous! :)