Monday, April 20, 2009

This weekend


First of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my sister Kourtney!!! The big 21!!! :) This weekend Sasha and I went to a friends birthday party. It was funny to see Sasha react to the grass (crawling on it), and she is just starting to get very timid around strangers - which is so the opposite of what she has done her whole life!

Yeah for beautiful girls on beautiful GREEN grass! :)


And I don't think Sasha could handle herself if it wasn't for "Mums". She eats those things like they are candy. Thanks Grammy for introducing her to them! She LOVES them! :)

A little shout out to Mark - (if you read this! :) I hope your final goes well today!! I love you and know you'll do great!!! I am excited for summer break - I might get to see you every once in a while! :)

So - this is random - so feel free to skip the rest of this post - but do you know who you are?

You could be thinking:
"Of course I do...I am a wife and a mother."
"I am a sister"
"I am the ruler of the world."
"I am a gym-o-phobic"
"I love to read"
etc...

But I mean....REALLY know who you are?

I am on this new road to discovering who I am. I am 25 years old, and have always thought I knew who I was, my purpose, my likes, my dislikes - but over the past few months as I have been learning to be more authentic with myself and others, I have realized that some of the things I disliked was only because I feared it....and some of the things I thought I liked - I only liked because others liked it. Have you ever felt that way?

I am going to be posting about this a little more as I find things that are interesting enough to blog about - but come join me! Have you taken a step back from motherhood, or being a wonderful wife, mother, sister, father, friend, etc - to see who you really are? Leave me posts and let me know how you find yourself - and we can all get to know each other better.

I am also going to be doing a giveaway...watch for details soon!!!!!

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

6 comments:

Maria said...

Ya I can definitely relate with that feeling Kristen. There are certainly things that I like because I tie them with a person or experience, but I have to ask myself if I really like that thing? Would I continue to like it if my relationship with that person was sour or would it die along with them?

Cute pictures of Sasha! I got those pictures developed today so you'll have to take a peek at facebook later when I get em up. They are all ones that you should probably remember, but I am not sure Heather has ever seen em. Love you friend!

Judi Oakley said...

Hi Kristen! I have been checking up on you! It is good to see your face. You girls sure do look pretty in yellow!!! Sasha is getting so big. I love the picture of her in the grass with the flower bow on her head. She is beautiful!! I love that you can see her two teeth. So cute!! What are "Mums?" Please share. I am always looking for new things to feed Benny!
It sounds like you are really happy and doing well. I miss talking to you. :O( So many people have said that. A lot of people have expressed their disapproval of losing you! Employes and homeowners. We miss you! I hope you are having a good time at home though. I know you are in good company there. :O) Talk to you soon. Judi

Heather said...

What adorable pictures...I can't believe how cute you both are! :) How's life going and all of the yucky stuff you've been dealing with? Let me know what's going on these days...can't wait to see me cute headbands...YAY!

Kourtney and Benjamin said...

That middle picture of Sasha is ADORABLE!!! I set it as my desktop background if you could please email it i would gladly love it :D
Thanks for the birthday shout out

Tyler and Heather said...

Gosh! I want to get out little ones together! Sasha is SOOOO super cute! She looks so friendly! Congrats on the crawling! Isn't it fast how things go!? I swear Landon just started crawling and now he's cruisin the couch! Yikes! So... a little update... we moved into our house, Landon is totally over his little RSV episode, and I'm going to have a couple parties I would love to invite you to... a Gold Canyon Candles and/or a jewelry!! :) If you can make it of course! So, email me your address! We are really going to do a dinner together! What about May 17th? It's the third Sunday... Let me know! :)

Heather O said...

What cute pictures of Sasha, she is so adorable. I love the one with you and her!

Also I have had those thoughts many times before. I think a lot of it for me it really taking a step back to look at my priorities, because usually they are out of wack when I feel like that. It is good to kind of track myself that way.