Thursday, July 02, 2009

My baby can swim!

The last few weeks we've had such a neat opportunity to put Sasha into Infant Swim Resource - a baby survival swim class. We're not talking the back stroke or freestyle here (although that would be cool, huh?) - this is if Sasha was to fall into a pool, or pond or something - she would know how to roll over and stay afloat until someone was able to get her out!! Wow!! She still has one more week till she graduates, so maybe I'll post something then also. She doesn't like to keep her one arm out all the time....

After they have learned how to maintain a stable float, they are tested in pajamas, regular clothes, and winter clothes. Today was winter clothes day - the heaviest day - and she did great! Here is a clip of her doing a "Flip-de-doodle"!

If you want more information about this amazing program, visit http://mysafeswimmer.com/ (our instructor's site) or http://www.infantswim.com/ (national website). They do children from 6 months to 6 years - so take a look! Especially here in AZ, where kids live in the pools during the summer, I thought it was so important. :)

9 comments:

Marilou said...

That is so awesome! I wish we had something like that up here. Way to go Sasha!

Just Us said...

That is amazing!!!

The Gray Gang said...

That is really neat. I should do something with Kevin, he is a pool maniac in the summer! Like its 11 and he's already played for 2 hours in the water and is fast asleep!

Amber said...

That's like the coolest thing I have ever seen! Way to go, Sasha!

Kourtney and Benjamin said...

Very awesome :D

Tyler and Heather said...

Holy Cow! That was amazing! I had to watch the little video a few times and even pull Tyler in to watch it! What a cool program! :)

Heather said...

What a BRAVE women you are...(and daddy!) I can't believe you just stood there on the side perfectly calm....WOW! Way to go Sasha!!! :)

Luke and Amy Aplington said...

That is incredible!! We do swimming lessons with our little guy too but nothing like that! How cool!

A said...

I don't think I've been so amazed in my life!!