Monday, February 18, 2008

Picking Perfect Paint

How hard is picking a paint color? I just need to turn my bright white house into a masterpiece to the eye - easy?? NO WAY!! I have a handful of friends that have been trying to help me find paint - and I must say that I have come a long way since we moved in, but still have to choose between two colors! I have gone to the store on several occasions to try to get samples, and they are always out of the "base" they need to mix the sample - argh!!! Plus, I have so many different ideas about my dining room - it is killing me!! (Thats a whole other story) All the interior design classes I took in college are blanking out of my mind - colors seem to all run together - and my husband is obsessed with a blue paint swatch from Lowes!! What is a girl to do???

9 comments:

Heather said...

Blue is AWESOME, we have a great blue wall we painted in our living room when we moved here. And Just be patien...they'll have the paint base one of these days. Have you been thinking about a baby's room yet?

Jared Woolstenhulme said...

I feel for you, we went crazy when we first bought our place. Blue is good, we painted our room blue and our kitchen red. Good luck with it!

Christy said...

Don't stress - just RELAX! I always feel like when I rush into a paint job and don't take my time choosing a color that I regret it! It's taken me 3 years to finally decide what color I'm going to paint my bedroom - now I just have to get it done!

Lisa said...

Go to Lowe's! :) (I have to say that- Paul works ther!)

Sheri said...

Ian always makes those decisions. Luckily we have the same taste :)

Erika and Jason said...

I had my sister Emily pick our pant colors. Brown and Green and even a little purple. Jason is still trying to get use to the purple.

Christy said...

One more thing - go to behr.com and play with paint colors you like - you can see what they will look like on a wall in a "sample" room - gives you a good feel for how a color will look on a larger scale!

The Bottjer Family said...

All else fails you can always redo it. I repainted my living room three times in one week because I couldn't get used to the color. Josh always teases me that all the colors I pick are shades of brown. Good luck! I'll try to bring some samples by today.

Dezaree said...

Just wanted to say hi. Hi. How are you. I guess I should call you, but lets face it, I am lazy. :)