Monday, November 12, 2007

New Jeans - My 20 pound prize!

Close your eyes and imagine this:

You are walking down the street - it is a beautiful day, birds are chirping, there is a slight breeze, you smell freshly baked cookies coming from the bakery across the street....and you just can't help but think that it is a perfect day! You look around and see beautiful trees, kids playing, fast cars, and then....out of the corner of your eye you see it!! Boy Howdy!! It is the nastiest pair of pants you've ever seen! Drooping butt, baggy thighs, gaping denim?? Oh, who is that poor soul wearing those disgusting things?? She turns around (she smells the wonderful cookies, but decides she is too good for them and heads to the gym!) You think to yourself, "Oh! But of course! It is Kristen Starr."

I have seriously felt like that! No joke! I have lost over 20 pounds now, but had decided I wasn't buying new clothes until I had hit 20-25 pounds. (enough to make a noticeable difference) I really was supposed to buy khakis for work, but I found these jeans at Layne Bryant and couldn't pass them up. I used to call LB the "Chub" store (Now with that said - "Chub" was just my joke name for it and has no negative connotation - LB has been my favorite clothing store since I knew it existed!)- but I think it has now earned the title of " Where-have-you-been-all-my-life, sexy, wonderful, jeans of my dream" store!! :) They have a new line called "Right Fit" jeans made for different body shapes - and they hit it right on for me! I love them!

I know this is really dumb - but I was so excited that they had to go on my blog!! Only 20 more pounds and I get another pair!!

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Krissie said...

Those jeans look awesome on you! I need to get new jeans...I love weight watchers (that's what you are doing right...at least that's what I thought from your previous blogs). I lost about 10 lbs while David was in Iraq but gained it all back when he came back (it took 8 months thankfully and not 1 month). But we both can't wait to get to albuquerque to start back up. We don't want to do it yet because we don't want to have to pay the registration fee twice. But you are looking so good! :-)

Heather said...

YOU LOOK FANTASTIC! ANd hey I'm offended..the "Chub Store..." LOL I recently discovered the Right Fit jeans and I LOVE THEM! (oh and I'm totally kidding about the offended part) ;) I'm sooooooooo proud of you, I'm working on loosing weight right now too, we'll do it together! :)

Christy said...

Congrats Kristen!!!! Twenty pounds is huge and you should be so proud of yourself!!!! I always have a hard time finding jeans that fit well, so I'm going to go check out those jeans!!!!!

Sheri said...

You look great!

Adria said...

That's so awesome, congrats!!

Kimberly said...

Hey! Hopefully you'll get this message soon. You can call me anytime tonight. I'm actually in California so I think we may be on the same time schedule, if not, it should be close. I look forward to talking to you!

By the way, you look great! Congratulations on reaching your first goal weight-wise! That is awesome!

sheena said...

20lbs is SO GREAT!! Good for you!! You are too cute!

And I love the idea of rewarding yourself!

The Bottjer Family said...

Way to go dark star! I'm soooo proud of you! Keep up the good work! I can't wait to see you soon!