Sunday, October 07, 2007

Head Start on Holidays




Mark and I had some pictures taken up in Scottsdale. We haven't had any pictures taken in almost two years, so we thought we'd get a head start on Holiday cards....since Arizona doesn't look much different between October and December!!




We are so very excited to travel back to little 'ol Pocatello in December for Christmas. Last year we were able to go home for Thanksgiving, which was great, but we are anticipating cold nights, warm sweaters, good food, and company of our loved ones!!! Only 2 and 1/2 months to go!! Wow, that is pretty depressing when you think of it that way....




As we have started thinking about having our own family, we've reflected on some of our favorite holiday traditions. One of my favorites on the Rushdi side is that every year the siblings all draw names for Christmas gifts. Then on Christmas Eve night, we all get to open our sibling draw gift and a gift from our parents, that coincidentally enough, for the last 23 years of my life has been pajamas!! I always feel cute and cuddly as I anticipate Christmas day!!

On the Starr side, they always have a really nice Christmas dinner. Mark comes from a family of great cooks (especially desserts!) so it is always nice to have that time when their whole family gets together!!!
I found these pj's at isn'tthatclever.com. Super cute matching pj's for mommy and baby (not that it would benefit me) but they are $135.00!!

2 comments:

OurHappyFamily said...

Oh how fun!!! I love your blog and I LOVE that pic of you and Mark. How fun to get pics taken and do Christmas cards. This will be our first yer doing a Christmas card and I'm really excited. You are beautiful!

Dezaree said...

I too love the pic. It turned out REALLY good. Geoff and I haven't gotten a "professional" picture taken since our first year we were married.....so lets see, that was almost 7 years ago. How sad is that? But you really do look gorgeous.