Sunday, October 21, 2007

I made a baby!!!! (Don't get too excited!)



My mother is so talented at making porcelain dolls!! We grew up making our own - it was our mother/daughter time that we always had. Sometimes we would even submit them to the State Fair and other little events like that!

This one is Claire! I made her while I was engaged. I had been in Colorado Springs for an internship with Pulte Homes for most of our engagement, so when I came home I only had about a week or so before we got married. While Mark was working I would just go to my mom's shop and work on her. Isn't she cute?

Life got pretty crazy after I got married. I was finishing my last semester of school and then we immediately moved to Arizona - so I never finished her. So about a month or so ago my mom called and said that she had sent me something....I was so excited when I opened the box and it was Claire - all finished - and in this adorable dress. She's my baby - until I have one of my own! :)

1 comment:

Farid Rushdi said...

You forgot to say that I do sell them and if they are interested to let me know. That doll is "Savannah Smiles" by Cindy Marshner-Rolfe (just incase you wanted to know)