Wednesday, October 24, 2007



So today is the first time in my entire life that I had to call in sick! I have relized that I am really not missing out on much while I am at work. There isn't anything on TV, my neighbor hood doesn't magically come alive, and worst of all, Mark isn't home.

Preface to my staying home today...

Sunday Mark and I were a little late getting out the door for church. I put on these super cute wedge shoes that mark had bought me (the drawing really doesn't do them justice! ) and run down the stairs. As I am running, I noticed my knees felt funny. I didn't think anything of it - maybe it was the shoes, whatever, right? Well Monday morning I wake up and my right knee is swollen! What?!? What is this?? I go to work, stay at my desk as much as I can, and figured I would sleep it off.

Well, here comes Tuesday morning, I hit the alarm like 7 times, and finally throw my legs off to the side of the bed. I go to stand up - and just tumble right back onto the bed. After the inital pain subsided, I look down to see that my knee caps turned in to "squish". Again, not wanting to break my perfect record at work - I get ready and head down the 17 stairs to the garage. OH MY GOODNESS!! What was happening to me? It was crazy painful! I made it through a few hours of work and gave up on trying to be tough about it.

Needless to say - my doctors appointment didn't give us a lot of information - the swelling was too high to really see what was going on. All we know is that I'll have to have an MRI to see why my knees are filling up with fluid. But hey, they are doing better today, so I have high hopes that whatever is going on - I may be able to "sleep it off" tonight!

4 comments:

Farid Rushdi said...

Liar! There was several times that you stayed home sick in school ... I remember one in the 4th grade very well!!!!!!!

Oh, wait a minute. You mean, since you grew up?

Never mind .......

Dezaree said...

That bites. Hope you're okay. I haven't had anything happen to my knees (knock on wood) but my feet are constantly swollen and hurt from being on them all day. Hope they figure out what is wrong. Take care of yourself!

Maria said...

How are your knees feeling hon'? I sure hope so!! And ditto on the please take care of yourself! Love ya friend!!

sheena said...

I love your picture!

Take care of those knees...you will definatley need them!